FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon Gl2 Speak Your Thoughts!

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MikeyforVFX
Canon Gl2 Speak Your Thoughts!
on May 19, 2007 at 3:50:56 pm

I will be purchasing a Canon gl2. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of its performance and the overall quality it has, espically with keying.

Return to posts index

Evil Ash Editor
Re: Canon Gl2 Speak Your Thoughts!
on Jun 7, 2007 at 9:10:40 pm

I bought a GL2 a couple monthes ago and I absolutely love it. I shoot documentary and live bands most frequently and it does most of what I need it to do, so I'll just bring out the cons of the camera first. Since I usually shoot in dark clubs, auto focus is never an option since it hates low light, but despite that there is no push auto focus button when in manual mode. The camera does not shoot 24p which would be nice. The camera does not have XLR ins for professional mics (Though you can buy an adapter by Beachtek, which is totally worth it. I bought one, and I love it.) Those three are the major cons that I've noticed with the camera. As far as pros goes, it's a 3 chip camera so it performs very well in low light. It also doesn't call a lot of attention to itself, like an XL2, which is great if you're shooting guerilla-style (I.E. without a permit) and it's size is great for hard to reach angles. I love this camera and probably won't buy another until I'm ready to move up into HD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]