Canon XL2 problems

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
video7105
Canon XL2 problems
on May 19, 2007 at 12:52:24 pm

Thanks All
I received my Canon XL2 back from the Service Center in NJ on 5/15 after they had to replace the PCB Assembly, why it wouldn't power up is beyond my thoughts. Iwas testing it on Thursday, the problem am having now, before I send it back to the Service Center again is that the tape from the camera will not play in my DSR80 deck any longer. It is all blotchy and broken up, just like with clogged heads.

I have run the cleaner tape through the XL2 and Sony DSR80, with no results.

A newly recorded tape plays back in the XL2 viewfinder just fine.

I played a tape recorded from the camera prior to going to service and it play just fine in the DSR80.

And here the catcher, if I take that previous record XL2 tape and record something new from the camera now at the end of the tape, it plays just fine in the Sony DSR80.

Right now am a bit loss for why and before sending this back again to Canon, does anyone have any suggestions over the weekend.

Am using the same tape brand I have been for years in the XL2 and all tapes only recorded once in the camera loading bay

Hope to hear from one of you that are even more experienced then myself to chime in.

Thanks

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]