Hello to all,
Just recieved my first canon and I am very happy thus far! I do have a few questions...
1) I bought this used and it came with a 3x wide lens. I looked everything over and i noticed that where the lens plugs on to the body that inside part (kinda blueish) it has what looks like a smudge. Can I use lens cleaner on that or is there something else I should use on it?
2) It didn't come with a mannual, is there a site or some where I can find a mannual for this. I got the gist of it but just would like to have a mannual?
3) One last one, I am about to buy a case for this, is it bad to leave the lens on it all the time or is that ok?
1) Be careful to use optical grade lens cleaner sparingly with a microfiber lens cloth with minimum pressure.
2) Go to http;//canondv.com - click on the "Download Library" tab. Specify that you want info for an XL2... http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=Downlo...
Click on the top left where it says "Product / Software Manuals" in RED. Make sure that you browser will allow Pop-Up Windows... A Pop-Up Window will appear - scroll down and look for "XL202IM-EN.pdf". There you go.
3) It is OK to leave the lens on for extended periods of time. However, when the lens is attached, be careful about allowing the camcorder to shift around in a case as you could damage the lens mount if the camera moves around too much or receives too much shock during shipping. Best to ship with lens detached.
Please do let us know if you have any other questions.