FORUMS: list search recent posts

hard drive for xl2

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
titan3ium
hard drive for xl2
on May 1, 2007 at 2:06:43 pm

I have just an XL2 and I am curious to people's opinion on whether to look into buying a hard drive for the camera as well. I have seen one around as I was shopping for the XL2 but I went to the canon web site and I guess it has been discontinued. Is there a reason it was? Did people have a bad experience with using one? What's the word on it? Also just curious, if I did buy one does the camera record to both the hard drive and a tape?

Thanks
Chuck

Return to posts index

Holsteins look ok anywhere
Re: hard drive for xl2
on May 1, 2007 at 5:56:48 pm

I

Return to posts index

Frank Tucker
on May 1, 2007 at 9:01:08 pm

I have the Firestore drive and would highly recommend it as a significant time saver. Here is the problem with tape. Shoot three hours and capture three hours before you can edit. When capturing to the firestore hard drive unit you can shoot three hours and transfer files in 10-5 minutes and be editing.

The firestore drive can also be connected through firewire to your computer or laptop and the files can be viewed and used just like any other drive attached to your computer. A tremendous time saver if this is your issue. You can record to tape and harddrive simultaniously and have the tape as your backup and raw footage archive.

There are other hard drive recorders available so shop around and see what will best suit your needs. I recomend the Forestore but I have not used any other type of attachable drives so I can't provide a price/performance comparison.

Copter Doc
The spin starts here (;->)

Return to posts index

peter rooney
on Jun 2, 2007 at 10:21:45 pm

As is predictable with these brilliant solutions ( which I've been looking for ) they're NTSC only!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]