FORUMS: list search recent posts

Buying a Canon XL2

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
titan3ium
Buying a Canon XL2
on Apr 27, 2007 at 8:21:28 pm

Hello to all...
I am about 95% sure I am going to buy a new XL2. My question is I don't want to import with the camera and don't have the cash for a deck yet. What I do right now is use an old JVC camcorder I bought back in my college days to import in to FCP. Now if I shoot in 24p or any other format than SD on this, will the JVC import the footage in that format or is it like an HDV thing where I would have to use the actual camera to get the look I want?

Thanks for all the help
Chuck Obie

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Buying a Canon XL2
on Apr 27, 2007 at 8:31:26 pm

[titan3ium] "Now if I shoot in 24p or any other format than SD on this, will the JVC import the footage in that format or is it like an HDV thing where I would have to use the actual camera to get the look I want?"

It's not an HDV thing. The frame rate information for 24P is flagged in the video and your JVC camera will transfer that info into FCP just fine.

For more info go here:

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/24p_in_FCP_nattress.html

Go to about halfway down the page and look for the header "Capturing 24P with the DVX100". Throughout this whole article just insert the words "Canon XL2" where it says "Panasonic DVX 100." the workpath is exctly the same for the XL2.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

titan3ium
Re: Buying a Canon XL2
on Apr 27, 2007 at 8:38:01 pm

Hey Don,
Thanks for that info. Now I am 100% sure I will buy this camera. Thanks for the link there is a great deal of info on it.

Thanks again so much
Chuck Obie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]