FORUMS: list search recent posts

XLH1+FCP5.1.4 - Once again!

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon_Alpha
XLH1+FCP5.1.4 - Once again!
on Apr 26, 2007 at 12:45:30 am

Hi all, I know this one has probably been covered before but I couldn't find a decent thread to answer it.

Cutting a short film for an old friend. He's shooting with 2 x XLH1's, probably going to shoot HDV 1080 25f (we're in the UK). If I use FCP 5.1.4 using the easy set up of HDV 1080p25 will this work for editing? I upgraded from FCP 5 because I was told it didn't have the codecs for the edit?

Any help much appreciated.

Jon

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XLH1+FCP5.1.4 - Once again!
on Apr 26, 2007 at 7:39:13 am

[Jon_Alpha] " upgraded from FCP 5 because I was told it didn't have the codecs for the edit?"

That's correct. FCP has had the support for the Canon HDV codec since version 5.1.2. You should be good to go using the easy setup you mentioned. For the best info concerning capturing from HDV Canon cameras, you'll get accurate and timely answers in the Final Cut Pro Forum here at the COW.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XLH1+FCP5.1.4 - Once again!
on Apr 26, 2007 at 8:05:24 am

Jon,

When it comes time to capture also be sure to change your FCP device control preset in Audio/Video Settings to: HDV Firewire 25 fps.

Also keep in mind that at present there is no tape deck on the market that you can use to transfer tapes shot in the Canon 24F, 25F and 30F recording modes, so you'll have to use the XL H1 for this purpose. A lot of people are starting to use the Canon HV20 Palmcorder for this little job. They're inexpensive and will play back any recording format from any of the Canon HDV cameras. On the other hand if you have Canon HDV footage shot in 1080i then any HDV deck will do.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]