FORUMS: list search recent posts

XH A1 Custom presets (please help)

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paullie
XH A1 Custom presets (please help)
on Apr 22, 2007 at 9:04:00 pm

Hi folks,
I am just learning how to set up XH A1. It is all quite straight forward, except Custom and Key presets. All those terms like knee, black stretch,etc., are terms I had never heard before. So I am totally lost trying to setting these features so far. Does anyone know about any on-line tutorial or at least some article on subject.
Thank you so much for any input or tip.
Cheers
Paullie

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XH A1 Custom presets (please help)
on Apr 24, 2007 at 6:04:16 pm

Custom presets are where you modify the camera's picture settings to obtain a certain "look" e.g. to make the video appear more film-like.

Black stretch will affect how black the blacks get. The darker you make the blacks the less detail you'll have in the shadows of your picture but you'll gain desirable contrast. Making the blacks lighter reveals more shadow detail but you lose contrast. Knee does the same thing but it only affects the highlights. Black stretch, knee, pedestal, gamma settings etc, all allow you to adjust your picture for different shooting conditions.

A quick Google search for the above terms will bring lots of results.

Custom keys are used for things like putting the camera into record stop mode and for turning on and off the zebra bars, etc. I use my two custom keys all the time and they're set for the above functiions.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Paullie
Re: XH A1 Custom presets (please help)
on Apr 24, 2007 at 7:58:18 pm

Hello Don,
thank you so much for your input. I have also played with all those settings in last few days, so it slowly starts to make sense.
Thanks again
Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]