FORUMS: list search recent posts

apple intermediate codec?...

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
xtrmn8ngangl
apple intermediate codec?...
on Apr 20, 2007 at 10:56:44 pm

Hallo, i am preparing a doku shoot(my 1st in HDV) with 2 canon XL H1. I would like to shoot 24F with the XL H1. My question is...what should i do for an easy setup? i it possible to select HDV- 1080p24 and use the apple intermediate codec?

unfortunately i have no access to the camera to run tests for myself and i cannot seem to find a definate ansewer, or maybe the answer is there but im not willing to accept it...

iv read the HD and broadast formats pdf and would like to use this Apple intermediate codec if possible...please help a guy out....

thanks a million,
aaron

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: apple intermediate codec?...
on Apr 21, 2007 at 6:09:45 pm

Aaron,

Try posting this in the Final Cut Pro Forum. You'll get a quicker response and from more people who are quite knowledgable about Apple's IAC and the workflow you're considering. Just state that you've also crossposted to the Canon Forum so people here don't end up answering the same questions twice.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

xtrmn8ngangl
on Apr 23, 2007 at 1:27:57 pm

ok, thanks for the advice, iv updated my profile and i will head over to FCP forum in a couple of minutes...thanks a lot...

i do have one more question...iv read that Canon recommends their miniDV cassettes, but they run a little expensive. Do you have experience with other cassettes that you could recommend...i believe what the camera rental people have suggested is pannasonic...

thaks a lot...

aaron

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Apr 23, 2007 at 3:37:34 pm

Yep, Panasonic Master Series are good and that's what I'm using for all my cameras. The Sony Master Series are also generally accepted as being just as good, although I haven't had the opportunity to use them yet.

You're probably better off using the 63 min. tapes as opposed to the 83s. From personal experience my XL2 doesn't like the 83's much because they're thinner and cause the occasional picture glitch. So, if the XL-H1 uses the same tape transport mechanism this might be something to consider.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Will Griffith
on May 1, 2007 at 4:41:32 pm

I would assume you can just select which codec to encode to under the
capture preset (like before HDV was supported you could for most any
other capture input).

I'm sure there will be a easy setup for it though.

Will Griffith
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]