FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cinelook by Panasonic

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
memevertical
Cinelook by Panasonic
on Apr 18, 2007 at 12:40:53 am

I had an Interview a few days ago, and when the guy showed me how it looked, it really looked cool.....he told me he used a "cinelook" feature that comes with his camera....is there any way I can imitate that effect with my Canon XL1s ???

Thanks

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Cinelook by Panasonic
on Apr 20, 2007 at 7:19:29 am

The short answer would be no. At least not with the limited picture adjustments of the XL1S. There's no magic setting in that camera's menu that would allow you to do a simple cine-style adjustment. Although you didn't specify which Panasonic camera you were shown, if it was something like the DVX100B, that camera was developed with a lot of picture settings such as 'cine-gamma' to make the video appear more 'film-like' in addition to the Panny's progressive scanning which helps add to the film-style illusion. The XL1S does not have progressive scan imaging.

All is not lost, however. To emulate the same look you need to bring the XL1S video footage into a good NLE with film-like plugins and experiment with them until you find the look you're after. With a good set of NLE filters you can probably get very close.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]