FORUMS: list search recent posts

4 channel audio retreival

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
prolog
4 channel audio retreival
on Apr 17, 2007 at 11:39:33 am

I keep coming back to this issue. I inherited a Canon XLH1, and am trying to decide on what system to edit with. I haven't been able to get audio off channels 3 or 4 with Sony Vegas, Adobe Premier Pro or Scenalyzer capture software. Does anyone know of a hardware/software combination that will capture audio from channels 3 and or 4 as well as 1 and/or 2? I'm used to cameras that have audio 1 and 2, which allow separate mics to record on separate tracks. That is one lavalier and one ambient camera mic. Then the tracks are captured onto channels 1 and two on the edit software. Before I get either a different camera or edit system, I want to know if anyone has experience with the XLH1 and Sony Vegas.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

prolog
Re: 4 channel audio retreival
on Apr 17, 2007 at 8:30:19 pm

I can answer my own question. It's pretty simple. In the audio set-up menu, there is a choice of 2 or 4 channel audio. In the 2 channel mode, audio channel 1 and two are accessed through the xlrs, and controlled by the 1 and 2 faders. Obvious, and stated in the manual fairly clearly. To record 4 channel, you need the auxilliary mixer/input converter that then gives you control over 3 &4. My problem is that Vegas can't capture 4 channel audio, nor will Premiere. But at least I now know it will work.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Apr 18, 2007 at 10:09:09 pm

Yes, it will work. I do it all the time with Final Cut Pro.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Frank Tucker
on Apr 19, 2007 at 6:59:22 pm

This functionality has been available in the now "Avid Liquid" (formerly Pinacle Liquid Edition) for years.

Copter Doc
The spin starts here (;->)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]