FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which light would be right?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
memevertical
Which light would be right?
on Apr 5, 2007 at 1:28:17 pm

Hi, I recently bought a Canon XL1s to film Weddings. I was wondering what light would be best to mount on top of the camera to shoot weddings? Assuming they will let me use light. Which brand and model would you recomend for that porpouse?

Also, if you could recomend a store that would be great.

thanks.

mEmE

Return to posts index

Peter Ralph
Re: Which light would be right?
on Apr 6, 2007 at 3:20:46 pm

obvious choices - NRG varalux or frezzi dimmable. If you can live with the cost/weight of the batteries. If not - check out the new LED from varizoom if not. It sells for less than the price of an NRG vest and uses camera batteries.

bhphotovideo.com

has them all.

Return to posts index

Peter Ralph
varizoom LED
on Apr 8, 2007 at 7:44:43 pm

The handle on the XLH1 is too wide for the clamps that hold the battery - you could squeeze it onto an XL1s - but I would not want to do that on a regular basis.

Its a good unit if you need something on your camera all day long especially for fill while working in natural light. I just used one to shoot handheld for several hours at an all-day outdoor event and the unit was invaluable - no way could I have worn a battery belt.

Inside performance is not great - applying the 32k filter along with diffusion output goes from 40W to maybe 15.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]