FORUMS: list search recent posts

GL2 BATTERIES

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marglar
GL2 BATTERIES
on Apr 2, 2007 at 12:16:27 am

I'm checking out the extended length batteries available for my GL2 and am wondering what anyone else's experiences might have been.

Sakar and Digicom both offer batteries that are supposed to have longer life (and are less expensive) than the canon. I'd love to hear any feedback about them.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: GL2 BATTERIES
on Apr 3, 2007 at 6:55:12 am

Personally, I wouldn't use a third party substitute for the Canon BP series batteries. I've heard too many stories about third party batteries leaking, running too hot or not living up to the advertised run times. Then there's the warranty to consider. If a third party battery wrecks your camera for any reason you can't go back to Canon for that. I would, however, consider a battery brick and related connections/hardware from a reputable manufacturer such as Anton Baur. If your intention is to stay with a regular battery then go with Canon's PB 970, worth several hours of recording time when used on the GL2. The BP 970 lasts 40% longer than the BP 945 and is the same size.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Kennon Shain
on Apr 4, 2007 at 11:55:15 pm

All Battery Inc. on Ebay is a good dealer for third party batteries. I think you can pick up a BP-945 compatible battery for like $20. Even if the charge doesn't stay after a year, whats another $20?

Try this link for their store, then click on "canon" to find a GL2 battery: http://stores.ebay.com/All-Battery-Inc_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQ...

Or just search for the seller, who is kanchun, or the store name (All Battery Inc.).

Hope this helps.

Ken

Return to posts index

Holsteins look ok anywhere
on Apr 7, 2007 at 12:20:24 am

I have used batteries from Sabah Oceanic (http://www.sabahoceanic.com/) With all three of my canon cameras including my XL1 and GL2 for years. Product and service are excelent.

New to Cow but not to TV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]