FORUMS: list search recent posts

Really tight budget and Am suggestions

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dotman
Really tight budget and Am suggestions
on Mar 22, 2007 at 3:30:47 am

My boss saw a video on the net shot with a $400 camcorder and said that's all we need, so here's $600 for a camera. Now I know we have projects lined up for our company that will be short documentary style shorts that may go to DVD and local broadcast.

So I'm looking to cut our budget anywhere I can so I can convince him to get a camera with xlr in for pro audio and manual controls. If I keep looking I'm going to go crazy. What's the least I can spend and reasoanably achieve the above. Thanks,

Doug

Return to posts index

eyecamiam
Re: Really tight budget and Am suggestions
on Mar 25, 2007 at 1:23:20 am

If your project is going to be shot indoors, you could explain to your boss that $400-$600 cams do not capture well in indoor light. A light kit can cost more than a decent cam.

If you are stuck with a $400 cam, look for one with a mic input. Even then, you might not get headphone monitoring or any controls. AGC can be ok, but use an external mic. Wired hand-held mikes give the most quality for the price. To be honest, with $600, it might be better to find a videographer that will shoot for you and then just edit the project. Or maybe for $600 you can rent some gear for the day. I don't know what his expectations are but my guess is he'll be disappointed with the results at that price point.

Do you have a link for the $400 shoot? What was the location? Indoors?

Short documentary style shorts that may go to DVD and local broadcast: pd170 with camera bag: about $2600

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?ci=1&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&Ini...

Since you want to keep the investment low, I

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]