FORUMS: list search recent posts

canon xl1 and xh-a1

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
boco0077
canon xl1 and xh-a1
on Mar 16, 2007 at 5:40:48 am

Hi, I need your expert advice folks. I am getting ready to get another camera. We have been using a Xl1s for a second camera but it will not be available. I have a XL1 and was looking at getting one to match but it is impossible. Those with used ones want almost retail for them or look shady. SO, I was looking at a XL2 from Fotospirit (are they reliable?) but the cost is only $400 away from the XH-A1 HD. Would that intercut with the old XL1? Or would it be best to get the XL2? I know I will have to go to HD after this movie so I am thinking maybe the XH-A1 might be good but will they work together, are they compatable as far as batteries and stuff? I don't have enough time or money to sell the XL1 and buy two XH-A1s. What would you recommend and thanks.

Return to posts index

nitron
Re: canon xl1 and xh-a1
on Mar 16, 2007 at 9:35:13 am

If you are shooting a movie, time is everything. You are not shooting it to watch it by yourself. Please, the XH-A1s is way way superior in quality then those XL1 or 2. Hey, you can always degrade the quality of the XH-A1s to fit the XL1 you know. Accessory wise, check out your nearest Canon dealer or video retailer.

But if you don't like the pain, just sell the XL1 on eBay and get the XH-A1s. I would recommend the XH-A1s since this is the 21 century.

I use to shoot wedding on SD 4:3. They look horrible, everything cramp in a box!

The XH-A1s is the way to go when come to shoot high quality imagery. Good for a prosumer though.

Nit.

Return to posts index

Donald Berube
Re: canon xl1 and xh-a1
on Mar 21, 2007 at 3:06:49 pm

The batteries are compatible between the XL1, XL1s, XL2, XL H1, GL1, GL2 and the new XH A1/ G1 camcorders.

There is a lot of added value in the XH A1 camcorder due to its extensive feature set.

- don
http://noisybrain.com
http://www.bosfcpug.org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]