FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XHA1 Custom presets

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Count Pilaf
Canon XHA1 Custom presets
on Mar 11, 2007 at 1:31:09 am

This lovely camera has 9 Custom presets. But I cannot for the life of me find out what the factory settings are - they just have numbers. I know some of them have various cine gamma curves. But which is which, and what do the existing numbers mean? Creating your own custom settings is of course an option, but the number of addressable parameters is quite large - I'd rather start with the pre-built Canon settings.
Thanks for any help or info about this.
-Peter

Horizon Pictures, Inc.
Wilson Wyoming

Return to posts index

cow
WilliamBusby
Re: Canon XHA1 Custom presets
on Mar 11, 2007 at 12:07:47 pm

The in camera default presets are 7-9 ( I think they're named Video.C, Cine.V & Cine.F). It shouldn't be that hard to tell the difference between those & 1-6 (with no tweaks). The info is also in the manual.

Bill

Return to posts index

Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
on Mar 12, 2007 at 11:03:59 pm

I've often wished there was a good presets list for the XLH1, that emulated various filmstocks.

I found one or two floating around, but didn't like the way most of them looked. We ended up making our own presets list after a LOT of trial and error.

Return to posts index

Lou Bruno
on Mar 17, 2007 at 1:29:04 am

Some of the new cameras do not have a name for the last few presets in the menu. The earlier A1's did.

Lou Bruno

Return to posts index

WilliamBusby
on Mar 17, 2007 at 7:51:41 am

[Lou Bruno] "Some of the new cameras do not have a name for the last few presets in the menu. The earlier A1's did."

I wasn't aware of that Lou. I wonder if that means the newer cams have a updated firmware & if if it's available for download. There's several things that need to be addressed that I believe can be accomplished that way.

Bill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]