FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is the XHA1 a natural upgrade from GL-2?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kennon Shain
Is the XHA1 a natural upgrade from GL-2?
on Mar 10, 2007 at 4:53:56 pm

I posted this in the event videographer's forum, but thought it would make sense to post it here also.

I realize there has been quite a few posts regarding the upgrade to HDV and XHA1. I'm thinking about upgrading my GL-2's, and HDV just seems the way to go. But I am not set up for HDV at all (i.e. HD monitor, deck, etc.), and maybe its silly.

On ebay, you can get the XHA1 for about $3,300 (I think its $3500 on B&H). Thats maybe $1000+ more than a VX2100 or DVX100A. But with the other cameras, the HD upgrade would be inevitable eventually.

Would the VX2100 or DVX be an upgrade from the GL-2? I think a PD-170, XL2, or DVCam camera would be around the same price (about $2900) as the XHA1, so it seems silly. But is getting HDV setting myself up for more complications, expensive equipment, and longer editing times? I might just use it as a mini-DV camera in the beginning, but is that a waste? The image quality and low light capability would still be much better than a GL-2, right?

I would mostly be using it for event videos/sports/commercials, although I would like to shoot short films in the future.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]