FORUMS: list search recent posts

LEGAL GL2 Website Matter! NEED HELP

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MikeyforVFX
LEGAL GL2 Website Matter! NEED HELP
on Feb 14, 2007 at 2:09:00 am

I will make this as quick as possible. Expresscameras.com was selling gl2's for 750 dollars on sale one day, me and my father (im in highschool) bought one with american express. A day later i get an email saying i need to call and confirm the order, i do. Not only do i confirm it once, i called to confirm it 3 more times. Then i called back later on to check and see if it was confirmed, and i was told it was. Well a few days later a man leaves a message on my phone saying its not confirmed and i should called to confirm it! So my dear sweet mother calls back and asks whats going on, after a while the man sais that their American Express terminal was not working and they are out of stock of Gl2's. I can understand a terminal not working but first of all they never said so on the webiste and they never said they were out of stock. (most likley they are lying bastards). Anyway, they said they would call if any more came in stock (which they said they would in a few days or a few weeks).

What can i do to make sure i dont get screwd? ( i realize i might not be able to do anything and this is a "welcome to the world" moment in my life, but im just upset because it was priced so low, the only other prices i could find were in the 2,000's, and i understand that quality = cost but this was an amazing offer)

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: LEGAL GL2 Website Matter! NEED HELP
on Feb 14, 2007 at 5:03:33 am

If I were you I'd be phoning AMEX right now to see what your options are about getting your money back. They may tell you "Buyer Beware" and send you on your way but It doesn't hurt to ask. Next time just remember that if a price sounds too good to be true then it usually is. You can go to this URL and type in the name of the company you gave your money to and check them out:

http://www.resellerratings.com

Good luck

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Feb 14, 2007 at 9:51:30 am

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Express_Cameras

Yikes.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

eyecamiam
on Feb 18, 2007 at 7:49:32 pm

Call Amex imed. Explain that you want payment stopped or reversed. You have not been shipped goods yet so you should not be charged yet. You are getting the run around on phone and the company has had numerous complaints against them. If they do ship it will most likely be missing parts and or grey market item, which will not be covered properly under Canon warranty. Or they will insist on selling you overpriced accessories. Get out now while you can. Then order from a reputable company like bhphoto. The Sony pd170 sells for $2500 right now at BH. That's a great deal if you like the DV format.

OSX 10.4.7; Quicksilver Dual 1 gig; FCP 4.5, 3.0.4; Sony camcorder vx2000/pd170; write professionally for a variety of media;teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

tony salgado
on Feb 21, 2007 at 3:56:31 am

Did you really expect something for nothing?

The scam is commonplace and you should have checked online the reputation of the vendor before trusting them blindly.

Chalk this one up as one of life litte experiences where either you learn never to be taken again or learn nothing and get ripped off later.

Contact Amex and explain what occurred.

Thanks for spreading the word I sincerely hope others will be able to avoid what happened to you as a result.

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]