FORUMS: list search recent posts

GL2 external mic connection problem

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ysbelman
GL2 external mic connection problem
on Jan 25, 2007 at 5:25:34 am

I connected a wireless Nady 351 to a new GL2 and got a muffled recording. Only low frequency was recorded and sounded quiet and with "in a barrel" effect. I had another shotgun mic that worked fine just before. Connected the shotgun and same thing. When monitoring, it sounds find, but recording is all messed up. I recorded with tape, captured directly to PC, same difference. Unplugged the external mic, recorded with on camera mic and it worked just fine. What is the problem???

Nady 351 VR has the following output at wireless receiver: 600 ohm unbalanced, 3.5mm mini jack.
Shotgun is NRG SA568 output impedance 500 ohm with XLR to mini jack cabling.

Could it have damaged my external mic input? how can levels appear to be fine and headphone monitoring sound find.. and recording/capture sounding if coming from a mine shaft 3 miles below.

Mic Attenuation is OFF. And the darn thing worked before i plugged this Nady wireless for the first time. I stake my life on it.

Return to posts index

ysbelman
Re: GL2 external mic connection problem
on Jan 25, 2007 at 3:54:22 pm

I couldn't believe that monitoring via headphones would yield a much different result to what actually recorded. So I hooked my GL2 to a TV. Played back all my test recordings from tape and to my surprize it worked just fine. Mic is good after all, so is the audio port on my GL2. What is wrong with my capture is another story. I'm using an eBay version of pci firewire card, along with "good" drivers, so i can't expect too much out of that combo. But now that I got it narrowed down, I can take it from here.

Thanks for looking.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]