FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you like your XH-A1?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JLN2112
How do you like your XH-A1?
on Jan 22, 2007 at 11:01:00 pm

I would be interested to hear some feedback from those of you that have been using the XH-A1. Any general impressions (likes/dislikes) thus far?

Return to posts index

S2Videos
Re: How do you like your XH-A1?
on Jan 22, 2007 at 11:14:29 pm

I am also a day or two away from ordering one.... your thoughts and impressions would be great!

Return to posts index

prolog
on Jan 26, 2007 at 11:06:42 pm

I've been shooting for 20 years, and this is the most intelligent camera I've ever had. It has every adjustment I ever wanted. It almost guarantees excellent footage, if you set it up right (which is easy!!).

Return to posts index

Phillip in Montana
on Jan 27, 2007 at 2:05:24 am

Can you shoot and edit SD video with this camera? Do you have to down convert from HDV to SD? Where did you purchase, what comes with the package for the price and how much. I really like the specs on the camera and will probably purchase one. I'm just not set up for HDV and don'r want to go that routs just yet. Thanks

Phil in Montana

Return to posts index

prolog
on Jan 30, 2007 at 1:54:20 pm

Can you shoot and edit SD video with this camera?
YES, A SIMPLE MENU SWITCH AND STANDARD DV OUT GETS YOUTHERE

Do you have to down convert from HDV to SD?
NO
Where did you purchase, what comes with the package for the price and how much.
CHECK WITH ALL DEALERS- I RECOMMEND FULL COMPASS-- THEY KNOW THE GEAR AND STAND BEHIND YOU; THEY MAY BE A FEW BUCKS MORE, BUT DEFINITELY WORTH IT-- THEY LOVE TALKING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS AND IF THEY DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER, THEY'LL CALL THE FACTORY TO GET IT.

I really like the specs on the camera and will probably purchase one. I'm just not set up for HDV and don'r want to go that routs just yet. Thanks

IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, GO HDV; BUT IF YOU PLAN TO GET A NEW CAMERA WITHIN 3 YEARS; GET STANDARD DEF AND SAVE SOME $$ HDV IS REALLY A CHEAP ENTRY INTO BROADCAST TV. FOR WEDDINGS, INDUSTRIAL, YOUTUBE, SD IS FINE UNTIL THERE'S AN AFFORDABLE HD DISTRIBUTION MEDIUM.

Return to posts index

Phillip in Montana
on Jan 31, 2007 at 12:31:09 am

I really appreciate your comments. Thanks a lot!

Phil in Montana

Return to posts index

Lou Bruno
on Feb 3, 2007 at 12:40:14 am

The camera shoots in SD, SD Widescreen and HDV. Just adjust the menu. You can downconvert via the camera menu. Best HDV camera of the three I owned.

Lou Bruno

Return to posts index

Phillip in Montana
on Feb 3, 2007 at 1:44:00 am

Thank you Lou. I am going to purchase this camera next week.

Phil in Montana

Return to posts index

S2Videos
on Feb 4, 2007 at 5:33:15 pm

Where are you going to purchase the camera from ?

Return to posts index

Phillip in Montana
on Feb 4, 2007 at 5:43:34 pm

I suppose I will purchase it from B&H. But I'll look at several other outlets and let you know. B&H lists their package (without case) for 3666.00 and they have a decent reputation for quality service.

Phil in Montana

Return to posts index

soundprostudios
on Feb 18, 2007 at 8:31:36 pm

great camera!!! I only have one dissapointment with it...the zoom, focus and iris rings are servo control mechanisms and as such they have a rather limiting shortcoming.... you cannot zoom and adjust focus at the same time. Typically not a problem but there is the occasion from time to time where focus will be lost while zooming from close subjects to distant ones. Manual control rings would solve this I believe but then that's more $$$ and it also requires a pretty good operator.

On the plus side though...excellent video quality, good compliment of manual controls and the size is unobtrusive. Basically it rocks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]