FORUMS: list search recent posts

Questions from a Canon HD Camera shopper

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Rudolph
Questions from a Canon HD Camera shopper
on Jan 20, 2007 at 7:29:26 am

I am trying to decide on a practical and versatile set of 3 HD cameras. I will shoot sports and documentary primarily.
In this process I have come up with some questions that are yet to be answered after reading some literature and visiting the Canon booth at this years MacWorld. Would a few of you offer your insights?

I have had good luck shooting middle school basketball games with the consumer Canon dv model Z85.
how will prosumer canon hd cameras do in typical high school gymnasium lighting? i have no idea about the available lux in these locations.
The canon H1 for instance? The HV 10?

If the lighting is a problem do the H1, G1 and A1 models capture SD better than in HD in lower light conditions? How about when captured in hd then downsized to sd?

Would these models be out of the question for nightclub music work?

is the quick focus assist better different in the g1 and a1 than the h1?

is there an optimum w/a lens for the HV10 camera?

a canon rep said that the soon to be released canon WA lens ($3K) makes the H1 dance. true?

Is it likely that the h1 will be available with the new WA without the 20 zoom as it is sold now?

is it possible to sync three cameras using the on camera sync ports without one of them being the canon h1?

would the next g1 possibly have more than one sync port?

which features will most likely change with the next h1?

would an improved quick focus or larger lcd make a significant contribution to this model?

i read somewhere that canon has acquired the potential for an improved 24 frame rate?

any guesses when upgrades to the canon line might be forth coming?

Any other line that you feel would be worth a look such as the Sony?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Questions from a Canon HD Camera shopper
on Jan 22, 2007 at 8:25:00 am

[Dave Rudolph] "If the lighting is a problem do the H1, G1 and A1 models capture SD better than in HD in lower light conditions? How about when captured in hd then downsized to sd?"

Regardless of whether you capture in HD or SD you're still using the same imaging chips to do the capturing, so low lighting will be a problem either way. It's generally accepted that an SD camera will do better in low light than the HD camera when the imaging chip sizes are the same on both cameras. It's just photons and physics and you can't change those laws.

[Dave Rudolph] "Would these models be out of the question for nightclub music work?"

You'd have to take out a loaner camera and try it out. Until that point you'd just be guessing whether or not you could use it for nightclubing.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

dave Rudolph
Re: Questions from a Canon HD Camera shopper
on Jan 25, 2007 at 7:13:22 am

Thanks for your comments Don!
Anyone else?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]