FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which 16:9 cameras for Adventure Film making (Kayaking)?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MSPhoto
Which 16:9 cameras for Adventure Film making (Kayaking)?
on Jan 14, 2007 at 11:19:38 pm

Whilst my day job is as a photographer, I also make Canoeing/Kayaking DVDs. Up until recently I used a Sony VX2000 that was modified by the BBC (for better sound recording).

I want to upgrade to new cameras that will allow me to shoot 16:9 so have been looking at a couple of new cameras. For land based stuff I was thinking of the Canon XH A1. I have tried the camera at my local dealers and really like the 'feel'.

I also need a camera that I can use in a boat and sometimes mount on a pole, for this I was thinking of the Sony HDR-HC3 with their Sports case.

What do people think of these choices. 16:9 is the important factor so are there any other cameras that I should be looking at. I loved the modified VX2000 so should I be considering a Sony?

How would footage from these two mix together?

On another forum people suggested the HV10 does antone have any feedback on this?

I am sorry to hit you with so many questions but any information would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Martin

Return to posts index

Donald Berube
Re: Which 16:9 cameras for Adventure Film making (Kayaking)?
on Jan 16, 2007 at 11:26:11 am

You'll notice less resolution and color accuracy with the HDR-HC3 compared to the 1440x1080pixel capture and DIGIC signal processing of the Canon XH A1. Will the HC3 mix in well with the XH A1? Not exactly,,, you'll have to dumb down the sharpness on the XH A1 so that it matches the lower resolution of the HC3. Pixel-wise, the Canon XH A1 has 50% more horizontal resolution than the Sony - and it is noticeable. Color-wise, the XH A1 is simply more accurate due to the 3-CCD image block and DIGIC DV II HD signal processor.

Perhaps you can obtain 'somewhat acceptable' results in mtaching footage fropm the two cameras by tweaking in post - but you'll most likely have to tweak.

- don
http://www.noisybrain.com
http://www.bosfcpug.org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]