FORUMS: list search recent posts

XL1s Capture

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Lucasade
XL1s Capture
on Jan 12, 2007 at 2:24:30 pm

Hi to all.
I want to Capture video from my XL1s vie Premiere Pro 1.5 but it tells me to Reset my camera.Have tried turning it on and off but no good.
I can Capture useing cheaper editing software so could it be a Premiere Pro problem perhaps?
Is there another way to reset my camera?
Any feedback would be apprieciated.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XL1s Capture
on Jan 13, 2007 at 6:55:08 am

[George Lucasade] "I can Capture useing cheaper editing software so could it be a Premiere Pro problem perhaps?"

I would suggest posting this in the Premiere Pro Forum as it may indeed be a problem with that software not 'seeing' your XL1S properly. You can also reset your camera by pulling the memory battery and then putting it back in after a few seconds. Make sure your camera is off when you do this and that the main battery is also removed.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

George Lucasade
on Jan 13, 2007 at 9:11:09 am

Thanks Don.
I had already tried that, but,i confess i hadn`t taken the battery out,somthing else i`ve learned.Thanks.
Have now tried again with the battery removed but still to no avail.
The full message i get is, CAN`T ACTIVATE-TRY RESETTING CAMERA.
Do you think i should try leaving the Lithium battery out for a few minutes and then trying again?
Any idea what a third party capture card is?
Thanks again Don

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jan 13, 2007 at 4:19:43 pm

[George Lucasade] "Do you think i should try leaving the Lithium battery out for a few minutes and then trying again?"

Leaving the memory battery out for any longer than a few seconds probably wouldn't accomplish anything. If your camera defaulted to the factory settings and you had to reset the time and date etc., that will tell you that the battery was out long enough.

[George Lucasade] "The full message i get is, CAN`T ACTIVATE-TRY RESETTING CAMERA."

I'm not familiar with Premiere at all, but the fact that you can capture with other editing software tells me there's probably nothing wrong with the XL1S but instead there's a communication problem with Premiere. Go to the Premiere Forum and ask your question there. Talk to Aanarav Sareen, one of that forum's leaders. I'm sure they'll get it figured out for you.

[George Lucasade] "Any idea what a third party capture card is?"

A third party capture card is a PCI card for your computer that you plug your camera into and capture video that way instead of using the firewire port. Capture cards are used for high bandwidth video like uncompressed high definition that can't be captured using firewire because the data stream far exceeds the capability of firewire. This explanation is oversimplified but you get the idea. Just Google companies like AJA or Blackmagic Design and you'll learn all about capture cards.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]