FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suggestions for Canon Optura 30 shutter settings for basketball game (tonight, of course)

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MikeBuri
Suggestions for Canon Optura 30 shutter settings for basketball game (tonight, of course)
on Dec 7, 2006 at 7:42:10 pm

I am looking to set my shutter speed for an indoor basketball game tonight (High School - old gym). In the past I have used the Auto - Sports setting, and the images look less than great (somewhat grainy on the edges and more jagged in motion shots). Zoom shots can look washed out.

I can set the shutter speed at Auto, 1/60, 1/100, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000, and 1/2000. The manual suggest 1/100 for indoor sports and 1/2000 for outdoor. I plan to try 1/100 tonight (setting the white balance manually), but wondered if anyone had any suggestions on improving the picture quality. (Other than getting a new camera.)

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Donald Berube
Re: Suggestions for Canon Optura 30 shutter settings for basketball game (tonight, of course)
on Dec 8, 2006 at 12:07:21 am

Probably just use 1/60 sec unless you feel there is enough light in the gym to allow for 1/100 sec.

- don

Return to posts index

MikeBuri
Re: Suggestions for Canon Optura 30 shutter settings for basketball game (tonight, of course)
on Dec 10, 2006 at 7:18:58 pm

Thanks for the suggestion of 1/60. It looked as if 1/100 worked okay. (Not many other settings to play with on the camcorder.) I guess I'll be researching for a better camcorder before next year.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]