FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get XL H1 recognized as anything but NTSC in FCP

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason McCaffrey
Can't get XL H1 recognized as anything but NTSC in FCP
on Dec 3, 2006 at 12:26:41 am

Hi,

Final Cut Pro will only let me select one of the NTSC options for easy setup when I have my XL H1 connected via firewire.

I consulted the XL H1's manual and it says, "When outputting the camcorder's video signal to the computer:

Return to posts index

Jason McCaffrey
An Ammendment to My Original Question
on Dec 3, 2006 at 12:33:14 am

It turns out this problem is only true when it is in fact plugged in via firewire to the computer. If I unhook the camera from the computer it is possible to change these settings. As soon as I plug the firewire back in, the settings do not remain and the options go back to being greyed out.

Jason

Return to posts index

Donald Berube
Re: Can't get XL H1 recognized as anything but NTSC in FCP
on Dec 3, 2006 at 2:52:18 pm

Hi Jason,

What version of FCP are you using and what exactly are you trying to set up in FCP? Please let us know.

When attempting to toggle the HDV Downconvert Over FireWire menu function, you must first unplug the firewire cable.

Please get back to us and let us know,

- don
http://www.noisybrain.com

Return to posts index

Daniel E
Re: Can't get XL H1 recognized as anything but NTSC in FCP
on Dec 5, 2006 at 3:32:12 am

Jason,
As Don pointed out. Canon doesn't let you change settings on the XLH1 camera which involve the firewire protocol while it is connected. This has caused much confusion among users since they often hook up the cables before worrying about the settings. Canon wants you to set the XLH1 first and then connect it to the computer. As for getting the XLH1 to playback PAL over the firewire did you get the Pal modification Canon provides as an after sale modification. Assuming you did get the modification then you probably have to put it in the Pal mode before you connect the firewire. If you didn't get the modification then it probably won't work with Pal until you do. Good Luck hth

Daniel Epstein
Gold Teleproductions, Inc
New York, NY
http://www.goldtele.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]