FORUMS: list search recent posts

head cleaning blues

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clueless
head cleaning blues
on Nov 22, 2006 at 5:33:20 pm

We have a GL2 and are using it to explore adding video coverage to our wedding photography coverage. At a recent event the camera told us "my heads are dirty - you better clean them if you know what's good for you". Which we did after purchasing a head cleaner kit. The kit told us to beware of cleaning the heads for more than 10 seconds as such an action could damage the heads. Which raises a few dumb questions - should we ONLY clean the heads when told to by the camera? If we clean on a "regular scheduled maintaince" concept (to prevent us from being at an event and having the camera act up on us at a moment when we can't really stop to clean the heads) could we damage the heads? Is this procedure abrasive hence the warning?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: head cleaning blues
on Nov 22, 2006 at 8:22:41 pm

[clueless] "Is this procedure abrasive hence the warning?"

Absolutely. Keep a head cleaning tape in your bag and use it only if you get a head clog during a shoot. Otherwise don't use it at all. Take your camera to an authorized repair facility and have the heads and tape transport professionally cleaned. How often you do that depends on your usage.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Donald Berube
on Nov 23, 2006 at 11:29:33 am

Make sure you also clean the heads in your camcorder whenever you switch brands of tape. Oxides between brands of tape vary and do not mix well.

- don

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
on Dec 9, 2006 at 6:26:38 pm

HI Clueless,

When you ship your GL2 camcorder to an Authorized dealer such as Canon, expect to be without a camcorder for at least a month before you get your camcorder back.

Ralph Hajik
GL2 Camcorder

Return to posts index

clueless
on Dec 10, 2006 at 10:03:43 pm

when I sent the unit in I had it back within 10 days; I must have lucked out, eh?

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
on Dec 11, 2006 at 2:43:17 am

Hi,

What Canon facility do you send your equipment to? New Jersey or California?

Ralph

Return to posts index

clueless
on Dec 11, 2006 at 12:37:37 pm

Jersey.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]