FORUMS: list search recent posts

shoot settings

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Klein
shoot settings
on Nov 4, 2006 at 4:34:55 am

I am using a GL2. I get the trailing effect on and off a tripod. The manual says not to use image stabilizing when the camera is on a tripod. Does this include pans?

Return to posts index

Donald Berube
Re: shoot settings
on Nov 4, 2006 at 12:56:07 pm

Does the trailing effect go away when you turn off Image Stabilization?

- don
http://www.noisybrain.com

Return to posts index

Rich Klein
on Nov 6, 2006 at 7:25:13 am

No it doesn't. I'm using the easy mode settings most of the time. I'll use it with the stabilizing off. I'm shooting a wedding next. Thanks for the response.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Nov 7, 2006 at 11:22:54 am

[Rich Klein] "The manual says not to use image stabilizing when the camera is on a tripod. Does this include pans?"

Yes, it includes pans. This is because the OIS will try to correct the biginning and end of your pans/tilts and the result will be seen in your footage as a slight jerking motion. Not using OIS when you don't need it will also use less battery power. Your image problems may be directly related to using the GL2 in the 'Easy' mode becaue it'll automatically increase such things as the picture gain setting when it's needed. Try using the camera's manual setting and see if that makes a difference to your picture quality.

A good manual setting baseline would be to use the 60i frame rate, shutter speed 1/60th of a second and the appropriate f stop to get the correct exposure. The last thing to change to incease exposure in low light is the picture gain setting.

When you're shooting in low light do you find that the picture seems to have a lot more red colour in it than normal?

Hope this helps.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]