FORUMS: list search recent posts

Firewire problems

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mcwade
Firewire problems
on Sep 17, 2006 at 3:01:36 am

My computer no longer recognizes my GL1 when I connect the firewire. This is the first time I've tried to download video since getting the camera back from canon for repairs after a condensation warning fried the heads.

I never notice before, but the camera's display is now flashing a "DV IN" message when the firewire is connected. Seems to me it should say "DV OUT" since i'm trying to download.

Is there some setting on the camera for DV IN/OUT that I don't know about?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Firewire problems
on Sep 17, 2006 at 7:52:17 am

Go to your camera's system settings in the menu and see if the DV setting is turned on. If it is, turn it off. DV on is for controlling another firewire device with your GL1 such as another camera or tape deck. When you connect your camera to your computer, the computer should be controlling the camera, not the other way around.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

mcwade
Re: Firewire problems
on Sep 17, 2006 at 5:39:26 pm

I can't find a "DV Setting" on my menu (Also couldn't find anything that indicated "System Settings" on the menu if ther is suppose to be a separate menu item for that.

I checked under both camera and VCR menus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]