FORUMS: list search recent posts

XL1s Coding Tape (?) - making the capture process rough

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RD44/OPC
XL1s Coding Tape (?) - making the capture process rough
on Sep 4, 2006 at 4:27:05 pm

I am downloading footage on Premier Pro and the time codes start over when the camera has either been turned off or when I start to shoot the next day - with the same tape. It stops rendering after so-many minutes. I'd like the ability to capture/render the entire tape into my computer (using an external hard drive), without it stopping. I notice when it does stop, if I rewind a few seconds and record, it will play through with no problems.

I need help cos I'm a newby editor and this isn't helping my education! I want to basically place all my footage on a DVD-R and go from there.

Thanks,
RD

Return to posts index

Donald Berube
Re: XL1s Coding Tape (?) - making the capture process rough
on Sep 7, 2006 at 2:51:35 pm

Sounds like you have timecode breaks on your tapes. And, it's the responsibility of the shooter to minimize and prevent timecode breaks on tape during acquisition.

HERE's HOW TO PREVENT TIMECODE BREAKS:
When you are shooting with your XL1S - make sure that you always record a few extra seconds after each shot. Then, regardless of how much time elapses before the next shot - when it is time to shoot the next shot, make sure you overlap a few frames of the previous shot by using the REC SEARCH + or - buttons to cue up the tape to a few frames into the last shot recorded on tape.

TAKEN FROM THE XL1S MANUAL:
When the camera is in record pause mode, you can use record search to play the tape forwards or backwards to find the point where you want to start or restart recording.

1. Make sure the camera is in record pause mode.
2. Press and hold the REC SEARCH + or

Return to posts index

RD44/OPC
Re: XL1s Coding Tape (?) - making the capture process rough
on Sep 15, 2006 at 8:33:16 pm

Thanks Donald, it's working great now!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]