FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to record some voiceover?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kevin c.
Best way to record some voiceover?
on Aug 26, 2006 at 10:10:26 pm

I have an audio technica mike and could record to mini DV.

But is there a good option to record straight to hardrive?

That's where it ends up anyway.

thanks
G5 - MAC 10.4.7

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: Best way to record some voiceover?
on Aug 27, 2006 at 4:39:36 am

Continue to use the camcorder and tape it to DV,
You'll have a time-coded back-up that you can store,

Return to posts index

eyecamiam
on Aug 27, 2006 at 4:30:57 pm

Yes. There are USB interfaces that allow you to plug in mics and there are USB mics that plug in directly. One advantage to recording on your cam is you have a visual reference of what was recorded. On the other hand, most camcorders do not have audio components as good as dedicated equipment.

Return to posts index

Matte
on Aug 29, 2006 at 12:10:43 am

[eyecamiam] "On the other hand, most camcorders do not have audio components as good as dedicated equipment."

Having been in this business for a few decades, I can tell you that the audio section in the cheapest digital camcorders is leaps and bounds better than the finest analog studio gear that used to be considered state-of-the-art.

Under 98% of "finished product" mixes, the camdorder audio will be just fine.

If you need better than that, you wouldn't have a mic and studio facilities at your disposal at this end of the spectrum anyway.

That's why, all things considered, the "record-to-camcorder" audio method is likely the better option.

Return to posts index

HatkowProductions
on Sep 2, 2006 at 7:52:31 pm

Hey again Kevin, also a little trick I use (I agree, use the cam) Figure out your dialogue and take your cam and mic and go sit in a car/truck/van in a closed garage. Automobiles have pretty good sound deadening built in and a closed garage adds to that. I haved used this technique many times and people have asked how I did it! Easy easy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]