FORUMS: list search recent posts

Purple to Blue

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patson
Purple to Blue
on Jul 9, 2006 at 5:07:13 am

I recently shot video of a horse show at an indoor arena with my GL2. A rider was wearing a very vibrant, satin, purple dress. As I was shooting, I noticed that I saw a purple dress, but my camera saw the dress as blue. I quickly reset my white balance, but the camera still saw blue. I'm sure there is a reason for this, (I missed a setting, Tungsten lighting?) could someone explain what happened and what I could do to prevent it from happening in the future. Thanks in advance.
Patson

Return to posts index

Evalene Brewer
Re: Purple to Blue
on Jul 23, 2006 at 4:26:49 am

I have the same problem with diffrent colors. red and the blues with my gl2.
did you solve that problem. If so please let me know what you did. My gl1 the color is fine. If any one else have answer please let us know. Thanks

Return to posts index

tony salgado
Re: Purple to Blue
on Aug 6, 2006 at 5:07:09 pm

What you are seeing is most likely the inability for a cheap lower end camera to reproduce the full color spectrum in the real world under various lighting conditions. Our eyes are much more powerful than any video camera.

In addition depending on what display device you were using ie LCD or CRT monitor this could also be part of the color limiting display problem.

Your options are to color correct later and apply secondary color correction to the areas you wish to change.

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]