FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will there be a P2 similar recording medium for XL H1?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian
Will there be a P2 similar recording medium for XL H1?
on Jul 8, 2006 at 3:59:35 am

Anyone know if there is a company that is making a recording medium similar to the Panasonic P2 card for the Canon XL H1?

Return to posts index

Frank Tucker
Re: Will there be a P2 similar recording medium for XL H1?
on Jul 8, 2006 at 4:42:47 am

I hope so! There are a number of solid state memory recorders on the market but the capacities are still lower than I would desire and the price is still very high. The one big advantage to the solid state recorders from an extreme video point of view is that they will record at much higher "G" loads than can be relied on with a mechanical tape transport or a hard disk drive.

That is why these solid state systems are used in race cars, airplanes, helicopters and such.

Stack Ltd. Provide these systems harsh environment recording and we are looking into this type of system for our helicopters. Panasonic announced in their free video on the new P2 based camcorder that they will be providing much greater storage capacity and band width on thier P2 cards as the technology progresses. This is the type of memory card format used in the Stack Ltd. system. I would expect that from a reliability, size, weight, power requirements and performance standing this type of technology will begin to replace the hard disk recorders within the next 24 months (just my guess).
http://www.stackltd.com/video.html

Copter Doc
The spin starts here (;->)

Return to posts index

Bentoon
Re: Will there be a P2 similar recording medium for XL H1?
on Jul 14, 2006 at 7:03:08 pm

Now we need HD-SDI in for recording Lossless like cineform or Sheer Video

~ jb

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]