FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture problems with Sony deck

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd
Capture problems with Sony deck
by
on Jul 4, 2006 at 9:53:37 pm

I seen that someone wrote a similar post below, but I'd like to see how this can and if theres a resolution. I spent a good chunk of money, of which it is hard to come by to purchase the Canon XL1. Actually got it from the classifieds on the Cow. I love it, and have no other problems except for this. I'm in New Orleans shooting for a company in L.A. They've been saying how they have problems capturing from the tapes I shot. I have no problems, but I'm using an old camera as my capture deck. In L.A. they are using a Sony deck.

Is there any resolution for this? I just don't get what the problem would be.

Thanks!

Todd

Return to posts index

mwieser
Re: Capture problems with Sony deck
on Jul 5, 2006 at 5:55:26 am

...same problem I've (been having) with my XL2 and SONY DSR 20 deck- When I enabled DV control on camera (which is supposed to allow you to use camera as controllable device), playback on my SONY deck was fine - If dv control not enabled, I get stutters, dropped frames, slurred audio....works for me...

Return to posts index

Todd
by
on Jul 6, 2006 at 2:27:18 am

Hmm...I don't see anything on my XL1 that says DV control?

Return to posts index

eyecamiam
on Jul 8, 2006 at 12:59:51 am

There is nothing in the user manual about it. DV control in the xl2 is used when you are recording from a connected device. Why this would have anything to do with how the xl2 records to tape is beyond me. What changes when you turn this feature off confuses me. By the way, I have had these kind of problems with an XL2 (i'll try the fix above), an optura xi, and a couple of zr 80s. The xl1 manual does say to connect the firewire cable to the cam first. It's very frustrating.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]