FORUMS: list search recent posts

GL2 Doesn't Remember Settings

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DerekKent
GL2 Doesn't Remember Settings
on May 17, 2006 at 1:17:39 am

Hello,
I find that the aperature/fps/and so on settings are not being remembered by the camera.

for example, i turn the cam on (on manual mode) it shows

60i
18Bb

I set it to
30f
0db

i shoot something, or whatever, i turn the cam off, i turn it back on, and the settings are again
60i

does the GL2 simply not have memory for its settings? or do i have something set improperly?

thanks for any help
adding me to msn is fine

"have you seen that new movie?"
"which one? is it black and white and shot on film?"
"no"
"oh, well, that's not 'art' then..."
"....oh"

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: GL2 Doesn't Remember Settings
on May 17, 2006 at 4:54:46 am

[DerekKent] "does the GL2 simply not have memory for its settings? or do i have something set improperly?"

Hi Derek,

Mine does the same thing, so it must be an inherent weakness of the breed. If you're thinking it might be time for a new memory battery, if your custom preset settings are retained but your shooting mode/aperture settings are not then I would suspect that there's really not much you can do about it. Previous white balance setting is not retained either, which is a bit of a pet peeve of mine with this camera. However, I have found that if you take the lens cap off before you fire up the GL2 the aperture settings will be much closer to the proper exposure. So at least that's something.

- Don

Return to posts index

g2g
by
on Jun 13, 2006 at 8:50:36 am

Right side of cam, around the pause/rec RED button there is a "LOCK/STANDBY" switch. Use this rather than the camers/off/play(VCR) switch and it will retain ALL settings.

Hope this helps you...

8mm & 16mm film to DVD

Return to posts index

DerekKent
on Jun 15, 2006 at 9:38:02 am

well,
thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't turn the camera off..
my concern was really with keeping settings for longer than just during a shoot..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]