FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question regarding Canon XL2 Advanced Mode (2:3:3:2)

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mtbakerstu
Question regarding Canon XL2 Advanced Mode (2:3:3:2)
on May 9, 2006 at 6:14:45 am

Hello, I have a question for any Canon XL2 User familiar with the 24P Advanced Mode:

Can a standard 29.97 DV camera or deck be used to capture footage shot in Advanced mode with the Canon XL2 to an NLE such as Final Cut Pro, or Premiere? Or do you need the XL2 camera or another 24P camera or deck to capture this footage?

Any help with this question would be most appreciated!

Regards, Stuart

Return to posts index

mtbakerstu
Re: Question regarding Canon XL2 Advanced Mode (2:3:3:2)
on May 9, 2006 at 6:37:14 pm

Moo?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on May 10, 2006 at 4:58:51 am

Hi Stuart,

You can use any DV camera or deck to capture your XL2 24pA footage to Final Cut Pro or Premiere. The pulldown flags are embedded on the tape and get passed on to your NLE as part of the footage/data regardless of what you use to capture with.

For more info please take the time to read the article at the link below. Afterwards, you'll have a much better understanding of how to capture and edit 24 frame footage. Just insert the name "XL2" where it says "DVX100".

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/24p_in_FCP_nattress.html

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

mtbakerstu
on May 11, 2006 at 2:57:28 am

Thanks Don,

I followed the link, unfortunately no instructions for settings with Premiere Pro 1.5. Do you have any experience with the settings choices to make 24P advanced behave with this version of Premiere.

Thanks for the help, and reassurance.

Stuart

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on May 11, 2006 at 3:21:00 am

I would suggest you post your setup questions in the Premiere Pro Forum. I'm sure they'll be able to help you there. I only have experience with Final Cut Pro.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]