Condensation problem? XL1

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd
Condensation problem? XL1
by
on May 9, 2006 at 12:11:25 am

Hey guys,

This morning I got my camera out to shoot some B-Roll outside. It was hot as all hell today with alot of humidity. I believe this was a condensation problem and wanted to confirm. When I tried to put a tape in, it wouldnt close and go down. It kept popping out. Does this sound like a condensation problem?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Condensation problem? XL1
on May 10, 2006 at 5:02:49 am

Ususally if it's a condensation problem there'll be some sort of error warning in the viewfinder. I'm really not sure if the XL1 had warning messages built into its software like the GL2 and the XL1S, but I'm sure your owner's manual will speak to this issue.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Todd
by
on May 10, 2006 at 6:32:37 pm

Thanks,

I will check with the manual...but I still have the feeling that it was the condensation. I really didnt look for a warning light, but shouldve. I just bought the camera and am getting use to it still. But again, it went from the AC in the car to a brutal 93 degrees here in NEw Orleans. I shouldve known better.

Thanks,

Todd

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on May 10, 2006 at 9:56:52 pm

[Todd] "look for a warning light, but shouldve."

The next time it happens (hopefully it won't) look for a message in the viewfinder such as "please remove the cassette" or "condensation". But you're right, it probably was condensation, considering the drastic change in temp and humidity you've described.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]