FORUMS: list search recent posts

XL H1 or panasonic AG-HVX200?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Lamontagne
XL H1 or panasonic AG-HVX200?
on Apr 5, 2006 at 6:21:00 pm

Hi guys, I know I'm on a Canon forum but I want to know wich one is the best to fit my needs.

First, I'm french so hope my english isn't so bad.

I'm a producer, and I often produce broadcast video series about (1/3 of the time). We usually rent a Betacam SP camcorder to shoot broadcast. Once we were one cam short so we took our Sony MiniDV camera for some minor shot. Our cameraman calibrate it so good the broadcaster accepted those images. I'm NOT telling you they were equals in quality! But with a good post on it it look "a bit out of focus".

Now I'm looking to replace my MiniDV cam. I have around 10k budget. I'm wondering if the XL H1 with his broadcast option "Professionnal Jackpack" would really profit me since to get the uncompressed data from SD-SDI output you need a 15k $ deck.

Since I dont have the extra 15k needed and will to get it compressed. Wich of XL H1 or AG-HVX200 will give me the best image to send to a Broadcaster.

I'm telling me, maybe I should take the pan AG-HVX200 and put a lot of accessories and stuff to make it more great.

AH! I know it's not all about image quality. But in the end, isn't it what it is shown!

Any help and comments are welcome

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]