FORUMS: list search recent posts

Day for Night

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joker in The Pack
Day for Night
on Apr 3, 2006 at 5:38:40 am

Hi. I am currently in the prosses of shooting a low budget zombie film. The film is almost completly takes place at night. I was wondering if any of you knew what was the best method for shooting day for night. Sombody told me I could just color correct the film in post production to make it look like night. If any of you could answer my question that would be great.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Day for Night
on Apr 3, 2006 at 6:25:47 am

Graeme Nattress makes a "day for night" effects plugin for Final Cut Pro that looks pretty good. It's part of his Film Effects Plugin Pack v.2.0. No it's not expensive and there are video samples at his website.

Check it out at: http://www.nattress.com.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

thewanggao
Re: Day for Night
on Apr 3, 2006 at 8:52:02 am

you can use color corrector 3 way in final cut pro for a pretty good effect. Just smash blacks down, and lower mids a lot, and make whites a little yellowish. Thint the darks and mids blue also. After that, lower the saturation, and consider using the basic color corrector, to solo out the sky and darken it (assuming you have a pretty blue sky). Tips: to find out what I mean by the basic color corrector part, search for pleasantville tutorial on creativecow or on google.

Alexander Gao

"When the revolution happens, I'll be leading it."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]