FORUMS: list search recent posts

XL2 16:9, 30P

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mrheineman
XL2 16:9, 30P
on Mar 29, 2006 at 8:32:42 pm

I shot doc short on an XL2 in 16x9, 30P. I have edited on a 16:9 secquence in FCP. I am attempted to put it on a DVD using DVD Studio Pro. Is it better to export on the 16:9 sequence and then let DVDSP letterbox or letterbox it in a 4x3 sequence and then export?

Also, should I be exporting wiith an editing Timebase of 29.97 or 30?

Also also, should the timecode rate be "Same as editing Timebase," 30 Drop Frame, or 30 Non-Drop Frame?

Thank you so much! I am trying to submit to a festival in 2 days so help would be greatly appreciated asap.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XL2 16:9, 30P
on Mar 30, 2006 at 12:37:03 am

[mrheineman] "Is it better to export on the 16:9 sequence and then let DVDSP letterbox or letterbox it in a 4x3 sequence and then export?"

Export using the DV NTSC Anamorphic preset. Editing timebase should be 29.97 drop frame. Standard MiniDV is drop frame by default. Do nothing else prior to exporting from FCP. Actually, when you export from FCP you have the option of using the current settings, which means it will export using the settings of your timeline. So choose: Export
When you're shooting with the XL2 in 30p mode it's still being recorded at 29.97 fps.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XL2 16:9, 30P
on Mar 30, 2006 at 1:01:19 am

I screwed up the last post. It should have read: Export/Quicktime Movie/Current settings. Also, whatever program you use to encode your movie, whether it's Compressor or DVDSP make sure you set field dominance to none because it's already progressive.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]