FORUMS: list search recent posts

xl1s with frozen time code =( any help would be great!

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis
xl1s with frozen time code =( any help would be great!
on Mar 13, 2006 at 10:41:35 pm

Hey everyone,

If any of you guys have free time I would greatly appreciate a little advice.

I'm shooting my senior thesis with an xl1s and I'm using panasonic dvc miniDVs. My problem is this lol, I first got my miniDVs and recorded straight through then rewound them and began shooting. Everything went fine untill I went to watch what we shot, at around 19 minutes the timecode kind of stutters. It will stop and freeze at around 19:14:05 and then it will pick back up at say around 19:14:35. I'm not sure, is this a problem with the tape? I just burned through another of the same miniDV that I will use tonight for shooting. Do you guys think I should go with the new one or use one of my old and used Panasonic professional master miniDVs? Also, while playing back what I shot the footage actually froze up but after I rewound it and played through again it was ok.

Any advice would be incredible. This is my senior thesis so I'm just very paranoid, lol. I have this equipment for a week so I'm very afraid of loosing/messing up footage.

Thank you again for your time!
Louis

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Re: xl1s with frozen time code =( any help would be great!
on Mar 14, 2006 at 3:33:41 pm

Clean your heads. That would be my bet.

Hope that helps,

Jan

Return to posts index

Thax
by
on Mar 15, 2006 at 2:41:48 pm

And for heaven's sake STOP the practice of recording through a DV tape before you shoot it!

Its an "uban video myth" that this "blacking" of a record tape is good practice.

That accomplishes nothing but create TWICE as much head-wear as you need.

Return to posts index

Louis
on Mar 15, 2006 at 4:50:45 pm

lol, it was the teachers order so since its their equipment they'll have to deal with the wearing. I like it because it makes it easier to capture later.

I can't clean the heads since its not my camera but I will sugest that to the equipment room workers.

Thanks for all the feed back, very helpful!
Louis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]