FORUMS: list search recent posts

XL2 SLAM ZOOM

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Pitt
XL2 SLAM ZOOM
on Mar 9, 2006 at 6:28:18 pm

I just started using the XL2. I really like it, but I'm struggling with one thing. I can't figure out how to do a really quick zoom in or out. Does anyone know if this is ever possible?

Brian

Return to posts index

Andrew Clark
Re: XL2 SLAM ZOOM
on Mar 10, 2006 at 8:41:00 pm

Not that I'm aware of. Probably have to get one of the manual lenses...the 16x or 14x which is a rare one to find. I believe the 14x has the "real" apeture ring on the lens while the 16x is done thru the camera body and is not stepless. Another thing to consider is the front element of both lenses. If I remember correctly, the 16x lens doesn't rotate, but the 14x one does. So if you're thinking of putting a matte box, filter etc... on the 14x lens, it will rotate should you wish to change focus.

But to get that jet zoom you want (me too!!), these lenses are the only ways to do it...that I'm aware of. Unless you know some engineer that can re-engineer the servo motor to do this on the stock 20x and 16x lens!!

AC

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XL2 SLAM ZOOM
on Mar 11, 2006 at 8:17:28 am

You could also get the zoom in/out effect you want by doing it in post with an NLE.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]