FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tips for getting best still image captures from GL1?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
amy777
Tips for getting best still image captures from GL1?
on Mar 4, 2006 at 8:08:00 am

Hi,

Anyone have ideas for getting the highest-quality images from my GL1 footage? Obviously I am starting with good, well-lit video and capturing it as DV quality. (I am also using Frame mode for my project.) The frame grabs are looking really good, but I am wondering if it's possible to improve on them.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Tips for getting best still image captures from GL1?
on Mar 8, 2006 at 6:29:51 am

[amy777] "but I am wondering if it's possible to improve on them."

Sounds like you're already doing everything you could do to get the best possible image from a 640x480 frame of video. The only way to get a better still image from your GL2 is to use the supplied memory card. You could quickly switch over to the card, take your shot and switch back to video.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Brian Fischer
on Mar 8, 2006 at 7:20:11 am

I believe she's referring to the GL1 (which doesn't incoporate the memory card), rather than the GL2.

Brian Fischer

Independent Videographer/DV Filmmaker

"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - Tyler Durden

Return to posts index

Brian Fischer
on Mar 8, 2006 at 7:25:36 am

Are you using the still-frame feature of the camera, or exporting frames from video footage? In my opinion, the still frame feature is useless, as it is much better to pick and choose the exact right frame you want from the fotage, rather that being stuck with a 6 or 7 second frame. Other than that, I don't know of a way to improve the resolution of an image, but you can do some amazing things in post with Photoshop and the like.

Hope that helps,

Brian Fischer

Independent Videographer/DV Filmmaker

"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - Tyler Durden

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
on Mar 12, 2006 at 7:35:03 pm

Hi Amy777,

Brian's right about capturing a still and bringing it into Photoshop by using a memory card. I have a Canon GL2 and it's great to cature the image, bring it into photoshop and your on your way to master your picture. I use it for placing the bride & groom's picture onto the DVD with a beautiful background.Everyone loves it.

Best of luck.

Ralph Hajik
Westmont, IL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]