FORUMS: list search recent posts

xl1 colors

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis
xl1 colors
on Feb 7, 2006 at 5:06:52 am

Hey everyone

I'm shooting my fourth short on my school's xl1 and I'm trying to figure out how to get the best picture. I use lighting kits but I still can't seem to get a nice saturated color. Would something like a polarizing filter help? When I try to add saturate in post it seems to be too much and looses the detail.

Any advice would be great help!
Louis

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: xl1 colors
on Feb 9, 2006 at 7:23:15 am

Using a polarizing filter definitely helps a little to saturate the colours, but the downside is that it also decreases the light entering the lens by a small percentage, so keep that in mind if you decide to use one.

You can also go to the in-camera menu and increase the saturation levels a bit as well. Since it's a school camera used by many others, someone may have already been fiddling with the menu settings. To return the camera to its basic default colour setting you can pull the memory battery and reinstall after a couple seconds.

- Don

Return to posts index

Louis
Re: xl1 colors
on Feb 9, 2006 at 3:20:29 pm

That's great. Thank you for getting back to me, I really appreciate the help. I get to shoot in a couple of weeks so I'll try both of those and see how it looks.

Thanks again,
louis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]