FORUMS: list search recent posts

captured clip from GL1 not 720w

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruby Gold
captured clip from GL1 not 720w
on Jan 23, 2006 at 9:32:16 pm

I shot some footage with a GL1 and when I captured it into PPro 1.5, there are two little strips of black running along either side of the image--in other words it doesn't seem to be 720 pixels wide. I haven't had this problem with my GL2, so I don't think it's an errant PPro setting. A

Are there settings/defaults on the GL1 that would cause this? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Doug Lewis
Re: captured clip from GL1 not 720w
on Jan 23, 2006 at 10:09:49 pm

My GL1 does the same thing. It's just the way a GL1 is. Don't know the technical aspects of it but it is how the GL1 does things. Good thing about it is it does not show up on a TV. Haven't noticed if the GL2 does this or not. I've gotten used to it and have not paid attention.

Return to posts index

Ruby Gold
Re: captured clip from GL1 not 720w
on Jan 24, 2006 at 2:04:45 am

That is just so strange. I know that the GL2 has much better resolution than the GL1, and my GL2 does not do this, but it seems bizarre to me that it would create footage that reads on a computer (not t.v. because the non-action safe area cuts it off)as having two black stripes down the sides. I called Canon factory tech folks and they had never heard of this issue.
Does anyone know of a workaround?

thanks-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]