FORUMS: list search recent posts

Like or Not Like: Canon XL2?!

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rayden
Like or Not Like: Canon XL2?!
on Jan 9, 2006 at 7:30:04 pm

Hi everyone,
I am shopping around for a prosumer camcorder and my choice is between the Panasonic DVX100 or the Canon XL2. I asked some people in the field in my area (Montreal, Canada) and they seems to dislike very much Canon camcorder products. On the why, lol.. it's hard to get a specific answer. Can somebody perhaps can tell me why some people dislike Canon so much even with exchangeable lenses and some pretty good features?

Patrick
Final Cut Pro HD 4.5 user
DVD Studio Pro 3 user

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: Like or Not Like: Canon XL2?!
on Jan 10, 2006 at 2:08:53 pm

Why do some people like Ford and hate Chevy?
In my opinion, a camera is just a tool.
Purchase the tool that best suits your needs and budget.

Good Luck!

Return to posts index

Larry@genesisvideo
Re: Like or Not Like: Canon XL2?!
on Jan 12, 2006 at 6:17:36 am

Patrick,
I would bet they have not shot with an XL2. I have not used a DVX100, so I can not speak to it's quality. I do however shoot with the XL2. I have two of them in addition to a GL2. I think the XL2 is a very fine video camera. Properly lit subjects and correct exposures, I am getting great results. The low light lumens on the XL2 is not as good as say a Sony PD170 ( Or so I hear/read, again I do not own a Sony either ) The features on the XL2 are superb, 16:9, 24P, 4 XLR audio, etc. It is a very versatile camera. Being able to exchange lenses is outstanding. The stock 20x lens is very good. At it's price point, this is an outstanding camera. I would head out to a first rate pro video store and compare the two cameras. Hands on, side by side, is the best way to decide. Best of luck!

Larry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]