FORUMS: list search recent posts

VHS to Mini DV via Canon XL1s

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TartanEye
VHS to Mini DV via Canon XL1s
on Jan 5, 2006 at 4:52:20 pm

Hi,

I want to record from VHS onto Mini DV. I have a Canon XL1s and a VHS player which doesn't have any s-video outputs, just composite. Is it possible to record onto the XL1s using the yellow composite cable rather than an s-video cable?

Any help you can offer is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Baz

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: VHS to Mini DV via Canon XL1s
on Jan 6, 2006 at 4:47:56 am

I'm pretty sure you can do as you describe. Once you're hooked up, put the XL1S into VCR mode, hit record, then start your VHS tape and you should see the recording going on in the Canon's VF.

- Don

Return to posts index

eyecamiam
on Jan 6, 2006 at 5:49:01 am

download

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategory...

page 88.

OSX 10.3.8; Quicksilver Dual 1 gig; FCP 3.0.4; Sony camcorder vx2000; write professionally for a variety of media

Return to posts index

Thax
by
on Jan 6, 2006 at 10:47:19 pm

Yes, just only connect the composite (yellow) cable and it will be the souce the camera will "see".

Its also very helpful to know this:

An S-Video input/output can be instantly "converted" used as a standard COMPOSITE signal (same as the yellow cable's signal) by just connecting the two "inner conductors" together.

The chroma and luminace signals, when combined, are simply the same as composite.

There are cables made that have asingle S-Video plug on one end, and 2 RCA plugs on the other end.
If you hook the 2 RCA plugs to a "Y" adapter, you will have instant composite input or output on the other end of the "Y" adapter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]