FORUMS: list search recent posts

xl-2 gl-2

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam
xl-2 gl-2
by
on Jan 4, 2006 at 3:09:11 am

I have been trying to pull off two camera shoots with an xl-2 as camera 1 and gl-2 as camera 2. Normally when indoors we white balance on the same thing and the gl comes out looking great and the xl looks horribly grainy. The shutter speed and the app are the same but it's like we are shooting with one 3 chip camera that has broadcast quality and borrowed someone's 1 chip home video camera. How can we make them match up? I am so confused especially since we spent more on the xl than the gl.

Thanks,

Adam

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: xl-2 gl-2
on Jan 4, 2006 at 4:53:48 am

Its my opinion that Canon must think graininess is just a "given" with a sharper (higher resolution) image.

Find the setting for "sharpness" on the camcorder and turn it down (all the way, if necessary).

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: xl-2 gl-2
on Jan 6, 2006 at 6:08:32 am

Adam,

Try pulling out the XL2's memory battery and allowing the camera to go back to its default settings, because it sounds like there's something to do with the XL2 that's not right. I match my XL2 and GL2 all the time without any problem. If anything, the XL2 should show less picture noise and have a cleaner image than the GL2 because of its bigger chips. The XL2 also works better in low light than the GL2.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]