FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camcorder store for prosumer

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Vincent
Camcorder store for prosumer
on Dec 23, 2005 at 9:52:29 pm

I need to buy or exchange a new or used camcorder in prosumer range (PD1700 XL2) near Montreal,QC. Anybody know where to go?
P.S.: I prefer used cam.

Return to posts index

matte
Re: Camcorder store for prosumer
on Dec 24, 2005 at 12:56:07 pm

ebay

Return to posts index

Martin Vincent
on Dec 24, 2005 at 3:19:19 pm

I'm actualy looking on eBay, but I always feel a strong stress when doing transactions there. and it sometimes take a lot of time to receive the products. By the way it has to cross the borders, and that is a pain in the ...

Return to posts index

Martin Vincent
on Dec 24, 2005 at 3:19:20 pm

I'm actualy looking on eBay, but I always feel a strong stress when doing transactions there. and it sometimes take a lot of time to receive the products. By the way it has to cross the borders, and that is a pain in the ...

Return to posts index

tonybadea
on Dec 28, 2005 at 3:10:26 am

Be very careful when shopping on ebay. I recenltly purchased a used Canon XL2 from what I thought was a reputable seller with over 150 positive feedbacks and 0 negatives. This bad experience cost me $2,300.00 and NO XL2. Someone had stolen the seller's ebay identity (Can you say "Mail Fraud"?!). My advice is contact the seller, check his/her contact infomation before sending a dime. If paying by Money Order put a stop payment if a tracking number isn't provided. Other than that I love eBay!

Return to posts index

Thax
by
on Dec 29, 2005 at 5:54:09 am

[tonybadea] "This bad experience cost me $2,300.00 and NO XL2. If paying by Money Order put a stop payment if a tracking number isn't provided."

Better still.
If the seller does not use Paypal and wants a money order for anything over $100... ask for an ESCROW.COM deal.

You send escrow.com the full amount, escrow.com tells the seller they have the money, the seller ships you the item.
Only after YOUR OK does escrow.com send the seller the money.
If not OK, you send item back, escrow.com returns your money to you.
(Escrow.com service costs a small percentage of the selling price.)
Further, DO NOT accept a deal with an UNKNOWN escrow service suggested by the seller.

Arrange for the escrow.com deal with the seller BEFORE you bid... If seller won't do an escrow.com deal (or Paypal) on a high-dollar item, then expect trouble.

Never send a money order to a blind address and just HOPE for a good outcome.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]