FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon stuck on Pause when in "Camera" mode.... can't record anything.

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Sonberg
Canon stuck on Pause when in "Camera" mode.... can't record anything.
on Dec 10, 2005 at 9:39:43 pm

I just tried to use my Canon miniDV cam (about 2 years old - not sure of the model though but not real expensive) and when I turn it on to the camera mode the LCD just shows black and the pause icon as if it were paused in VCR mode. I tried shutting off the power and removing the battery hoping it might "reboot" somehow but no luck. Has anyone ever experienced this? Is there an easy answer? Or am I stuck with having to send it back to the manuf.?

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: Canon stuck on Pause when in "Camera" mode.... can't record anything.
on Dec 10, 2005 at 10:52:06 pm

You didn't bother to LOOK at the model number?

I might have some suggestions, but we can be expected to take your question more seriously than you do.

Return to posts index

Matt Sonberg
on Dec 11, 2005 at 12:00:04 am

The model is ZR60. I didn't have the camera on me when I posted the original question. Sorry about that.

Return to posts index

Matte
on Dec 12, 2005 at 2:27:10 am

[Matt Sonberg] "The model is ZR60. I didn't have the camera on me when I posted the original question."

Gotcha.

After you do the "obvious" things like:
Make sure unit is not in "Still Photo" mode.
Put in a new tape.

Then:
You had the right idea about removing the batteries and powering down for awhile to see if it would "come back".

You need to do that again, but THIS time, after you remove the "regular" battery, ALSO remove the BACKUP Battery.
Its a lithium battery about the size of a US Quarter coin.
You'll find it under a little square door on the camera body where the flip-out screen fits when closed.
After you remove the Backup Battery, see what kind it is and get a new one.
Install this new battery and then put the "regular" camcorder battery back on (or power with AC) and see if that clears the problem.

Hope that's it, it has been known to cure similar problems.
Let us know.

See if there's a RESET button somewhere on the camcorder (they like to HIDE them.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]