FORUMS: list search recent posts

xl1s submenus

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis
xl1s submenus
on Nov 3, 2005 at 9:50:01 pm

Hello, I'm sorry for such a simple question lol but's its driving me crazy. I have the schools xl1s and I just ran into a problem that I think has happened once before. When I click to the menu instead of coming to the Cam Menu which is supposed to lead into 6 sub menus, just one of the submenu pops up. I can't seem to get to the main menu. The submenu is listed as "camera set up menu" in the manual. I've tried every thing I could find in the menu and think of but nothing seems to work.
Also when I hook up a boom the only audio channel I get is the left. Would anyone know how to get both left and right?
If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it!
Thank you for your time,
Louis

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: xl1s submenus
on Nov 4, 2005 at 3:41:40 am

Assuming that you're trying to access the menu/submenus properly and it's still not working for you, try pulling out the memory battery on the camera bottom and then re-insert it. This will make the XL1S return to its default settings and may possibly fix the menu access problems. BTW, you'll have to set the date and time again. If that doesn't work there's probably something wrong with the camera. Remember, some menu functions can't be accessed unless you're in record mode AND in full manual mode. For example, in easy recording mode there will be many menu items you can't access because the camera is supposed to be doing everything for you. Conversely, some menu functions can only be accessed in VTR mode. It's all in the manual.

In order to get your boom audio into both L & R channels you need to connect to both RCA inputs using a splitter. You can buy an XLR to mono RCA adapter from places like Radio Shack if this is what you need to connect to the end of your boom mic. Then buy a "Y" RCA adapter to go from mono RCA to two male mono RCA connections you plug into the camera. Have a look at the connection on the end of your mic and choose the appropriate adapter for your particular application.

- Don

Return to posts index

Louis
on Nov 4, 2005 at 4:08:18 am

Thank you so much for getting back to me, I really appreciate it. I'm guessing something might be wrong now, I've tried the battery and I'm still just stuck in the cam set submenu. I remember last semester I had this problem with one of the cameras and then the next one I took out was fine.
I'll have to take a trip to radio shack tomorrow after school.
Thank you again!
Louis

Return to posts index

Randall3
on Nov 6, 2005 at 5:32:15 pm

There really is no need to split the left channel into two via hard wire. Do that in post - better quality as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]