FORUMS: list search recent posts

GL2 Strong External Ligth

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erica Huls
GL2 Strong External Ligth
on Oct 27, 2005 at 4:05:16 am

Greetings!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a strong external light that is compatible with Canon's GL2? I'm thinking at least 10-20 V's. I'm shooting a wedding next month where the venue is supposedly pretty dark and the GL2 doesn't do well in dim lighting the way it is.

I checked ebay, canon's website, amazon and best buy and the only thing I can find is the standard 3volt (which I own) and a 10 volt that needs a lithium battery and it doesn't look to be compatible with the GL2.

Thanks for any advice.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: GL2 Strong External Ligth
on Oct 27, 2005 at 6:40:38 am

You probably will need to go self-contained on a light. Anything more that's still compatible with the GL2 hotshoe and you run the risk of killing the camera battery right in the middle of something. Depends too, on how much of the wedding you want to light up. Are you talking ceremony or reception?

- Don

Return to posts index

Erica Huls
on Oct 27, 2005 at 10:33:41 pm

When you say self-contained do you mean it-has-its-own-battery self contained (and can still sit atop my camera) or do you mean i'll-have-to-lug-it around on its-own-tripod self contained?

if you have any recommendations of brand/type/name that would be great.

thanks again
E

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Oct 28, 2005 at 12:58:46 am

Self contained - meaning it will work on its own power but the light will attach to your camera's shoe mount. I have a great recommendation but they're not cheap. But they work fantastic(ly):

http://www.frezzi.com/micro-lights1.htm

I use the Frezzi Mini-Fill which is a larger piece than the one at this link. You can see the whole product line at the Frezzi website.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]